Monday, November 8, 2010

Shadowing 11/05/2010.

For this shadowing session the consultant I work with had two guys come in with an assignment for a business course. It just so happened that I had the same class as them and knew what the assignment was all about. I was able to help my consultant quite a bit because of this because I was able to explain to him the background behind the assignment and also what the teacher was looking. The two guys from my class were basically looking for a group reflection paper to be edited and so my consultant was a bit confused because he was not used to editing papers from business classes. Overall I think me and the consultant did a pretty good job of editing the paper and explaining to the writers what changes needed to be implemented. It was kind of strange that the paper was a group effort but only two of the six group members had actually shown up for the appointment...

1 comment:

  1. Fed-

    I always think its interesting when business students come into the writing center because my consultant is a business major and similarly seems to understand the backgrounds of the assignments. I on the other hand do not... awkward... it seems like it might be beneficial to have more people in the writing center who have a business background, so I'm sure that you will be a great addition!

    ReplyDelete