Monday, September 27, 2010

Midterm self-reflection.

I never thought I get a chance to write a blog post in class. I am writing this reflection as part of an in-class exercise to understand where I am in the class right now and whether or not I am happy at this point. Personally, I think I am doing fine so far. I am starting to understand what it means to be a writing consultant (rather than a proofreader) and also learning a lot from the readings and editing other people's essays. Probably the most useful experience in terms of learning to be a writing consultant is the shadowing process. Seeing a writing consultant in action really helps to put things into perspective in the sense of what my job demands will be like and what others will expect of me, including my peers and my superiors. Also, I think a hands-on experience of this kind is invaluable in learning how to deal with people who only want their papers edited and do not require the full "spectrum" of the services we are supposed to provide. I do wish I had more time to post blogs and comment on other people's blogs, but I find myself swamped with work from other classes. I guess taking five units is not as easy as I thought. In any case, I think that I will easily be able to accomplish my goals in this class. I just need to stay focused and put in more effort into doing work outside of the class, especially blogging, which I actually enjoy doing. As the middle of the term approaches I want to try my best to post as many blogs as possible and try to develop my ideas as a future writing consultant so that I am better prepared for the second half of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment